Thursday, December 17, 2009

How To: Chex Party Mix

So I have to admit that I've been a bit of a scrooge this Christmas when it comes to decorating and baking. I promise to make up for my lack of crafty inspiration in 2010! Chex Party Mix was the closest that I came to baking this year and I got the recipe right off of the Chex box. Martha Stewart would scoff at my Party Mix but I will still share the yumminess with you. It is super easy, takes a little over an hour and healthier than cookies (yes, that is my excuse for not baking and I'm sticking to it...now to find an excuse for not decorating).

Love,
The Grinch

Ingredients:

3 cups Corn Chex® cereal
3 cups Rice Chex® cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup bite-size pretzels
1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Oven Directions:

Heat oven to 250°F. In large bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven. Stir in seasonings. Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Nannieflash said...

Hi Vanessa, you do seem to like to tempt us with all these foods, your very naughty but nice. I hope you have a wonderful Xmas, with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

Gina (Prim and Polished) said...

Yummy, so easy even I can do it!!! :-)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin