My friends and family members are so excited for the arrival of our new baby and I know that they will all be expecting phone calls when he's born. So many veteran moms have suggested designating someone to make all of those phone calls while we bond with our baby. While that is a great suggestion, it might be awkward for the designated caller to call someone on my list that they don't know. I also thought about sending out a mass text message, but that just seems so impersonal. I would love to be able to individually call each and every single friend and family member myself but I know we'll be busy recovering from delivery (yikes!) and getting to know our little guy. This is why I was so excited to hear about Baby's First Phone Call, a service that call your friends/family and allow them to listen to the personal message that you record right after birth.
Baby's First Phone Call recently sent me a gift certificate and set me up with an account so I can enter in my phone list ahead of time. When our little guy is born, we will just have to make 1 phone call to the number they give us and they will do the rest! Such an awesome service that I'm excited to use!
Information from Baby's First Phone Call:
What It Is
Baby's First Phone Call is an automated call tree that allows you to notify all of your friends and family of the arrival of your bundle of joy without the hassle of making dozens of individual phone calls, or leaving some friends and family to find out second- or third-hand.
How It Works
With Baby's First Phone Call, you set up an account before your baby is born – when you still have a moment of time to yourself – and enter the names and phone numbers of all the people you want to notify when the baby arrives. Then, after the baby is born, you make a single phone call and leave a personal voice-mail message of any length with all the details you want to share.
Not only can you tell your friends and family when your little bundle arrived, you can share information such as the hospital and room number you're in and whether and when you'd like to receive visitors.
Our system places calls to each of the phone numbers in your account. If the person answers the phone they hear your happy message. If they don't answer, the message is left on their voicemail or answering machine. In either case, there is an option for them to leave you a return message that you can pick up at your convenience.
It's really that easy! You're doing all the hard work; let us make spreading the good news easy for you.
Use Baby's First Phone Call to notify your book group, your friends from Lamaze class, your co-workers and your extended family. Now you have the perfect way to send a personal message with your joyous news to everyone in your network!
1. Visit Baby's First Phone Call and tell me what you like about this service.
Optional/Additional Entries: (Please leave a separate comment for each entry.)
2. Subscribe to or follow my blog. Current subscribers/followers count!
3. Blog about this giveaway.
4. Fan Designs by Vanessa on Facebook. Current fans count!
5. Fan Baby's First Phone Call on Facebook. Current fans count!
6. Follow Designs by Vanessa on Twitter. Current followers count!
7. Follow Baby's First Phone Call on Twitter. Current followers count!
8. Tweet the following (can be re-tweeted daily for extra entries): Baby's First Phone Call Giveaway @designsvanessa - http://designsbyvanessa.blogspot.com/2010/03/babys-first-phone-call-review-giveaway.html
9. Post my button on your blog or site (just copy and paste the code you see in my sidebar).
10. Enter another giveaway on this blog.
11. Join Designs by Vanessa's mailing list.
Do this by April 1st and you are in! 4 winners will be picked randomly. Please make sure that you leave a way for us to contact you or we won't be able to get this fabulous prize to you. Winners who I am unable to contact and who don't respond within 48 hours of being sent their winning email notification will forfeit their prize and I will draw another name.