Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Like Father, Like Daughter

My dad definitely passed down the crafty gene to me! Like me, my dad is always doing something crafty and growing up he taught me the importance of creativity. I work in the adoption field and needless to say my job can be really frustrating and stressful at times. While I love what I do and the children that I work with, my creativity has become a great stress reliever for me!

My dad had to have back surgery a couple years ago and unfortunately the surgery caused more pain than good. His creativity also became his stress and sometimes pain reliever. Since his surgery he has been creating tin artwork and his pieces are amazing! He makes these awesome southwestern night lights and he made me the coolest TX Longhorn night light in honor of my alma mater. Here is his work...






0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin