That is our little one's first picture at 8 weeks, my favorite picture in the entire world. I'm sure now you understand why I've been a bit absent and distracted from this blog, I have full blown baby brain! Mr. Designs by Vanessa and I have prayed/wished/hoped for a baby for over 2 years and I'm ecstatic to finally be off of that emotional infertility roller coaster ride. We've spent the last year being poked and prodded in places I won't mention. I've longed for morning sickness, swollen feet and backaches that come with pregnancy. Our baby decided to make an appearance the one month we felt defeated and had absolutely given up, it is truly amazing how life works out sometimes. I can't even begin to tell you how amazing it was to see our little peanut growing in my uterus for the first time after so many ultrasounds of an empty uterus. We are over the moon happy and so in love with this little guy or gal, who will be arriving in early August. Our anatomy scan is on Thursday and we'll hopefully find out the sex of our baby so I can finally start shopping and crafting!
Take a guess at the gender in the poll box to your right. So you can make an educated guess:
- We don't have a gender preference.
- I craved eggs and peaches in my first trimester.
- I'm currently craving mangoes and kumquats in my second trimester.
- I was nauseous the majority of my first trimester.
- All family members are saying boy except my mom.
- I thought it was a boy in the beginning but after a pregnancy dream I now think it's a girl.
- Mr. Designs by Vanessa dreamt that we're having a girl.
- The Chinese Lunar Calendar says boy.
- The online old wives tale quiz says 60% boy.